Each year, the OAB awards scholarships that are offered to graduating high school students, and to students enrolled in two or four year college broadcast programs. Applicants must be Oregon residents, enrolled or intending to enroll at a college or university.
Applications must include an essay explaining the student's reasons for choosing a career in the broadcasting or related field. All successful scholarship applicants will have a minimum GPA of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale. The essay should also address the following topics:
- Any broadcast activities in which the student has participated;
- What the student's first job preference after college would be;
- What are the student's 10-year goals;
- Student's financial needs for a scholarship;
- Information about any other scholarships received by the student, including the amounts;
- Any other academic honors the student has received.
For more information on our 2013-14 Scholarships
College - University Rules
College - University Application
High School Rules
High School Application
Thanks to all of the students who submitted scholarship applications. The OAB Foundation awarded two $2,500 and two $3,500 in 2009, 2010 and 2011 . In 2012, the OAB Foundation awarded two $1,000, two $2,500 and two $3,500 scholarships. Congratulations to our 2012 scholarship recipients.
All applications should be sent to the following address:
OAB Foundation Scholarship Committee
Oregon Association of Broadcasters
9020 S.W. Washington Square Road, Suite 140
Portland, OR 97223-4433
Request Scholarship Application information from the OAB office via E-mail: email@example.com